What You Will Need:
For every 1 Cup of water, use 2 Tbs. of chopped or mashed vegetable, fruit, berries or herb.
- Bring water and what ever you are using as dye to a boil, then simmer for about 10 minutes or longer; you can tell by the color of the water.
- Strain and make sure the water is very hot before you add it to your dough mixture.
Natural Coloring For Play Dough
Red and Pink – Beet, Raspberries and strawberries
Orange – carrots (or carrot juice)
Yellow – sweet potato, turmeric, saffron, golden beets
Green – spinach and Kale
Purple – red cabbage, blackberries, and grape juice
Tan – cinnamon cocoa and coffee grounds
Off White – Place a dash of vanilla extract with the plain dough
Scents to add:
NOTE: You can divide this recipe into 4 so you can make 4 different colors.
Play Dough Recipe:
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup salt
- 1 cup boiling water (that has been dyed, if you want color)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 Tbs white vinegar or cream of tartar
Mix all the ingredients together in a bowls and stir constantly until play dough forms.